I love chai latte and this is the cold pudding version of that. The subtle earthy taste of cardamom with the cinnamon and a hint of nutmeg is a marvelous combination!
These little puddings are made from really simple ingredients you most probably already have in the house are really effortless to prepare.
You can also make them a day in advance.
White Chocolate Chai Puddings
- 500ml Milk
- 5 Cardamom Pods or ¼ Teaspoon Fine Cardamom
- 1 Star Anise
- 2 Tablespoons Caster Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 80g White Chocolate (cut into smaller pieces)
- 50g Butter
- 5ml Vanilla Essence
- Heat the milk, cardamom, Star Anise and sugar in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Once the milk is hot but not boiling, sprinkle the flour over whilst whisking vigorously. There should be no lumps.
- Add the white chocolate and butter. Mix until the pudding comes to a boil. Let it boil for 20 – 30 seconds. Remove from the heat.
- Add the vanilla essence.
- Pour the pudding through a small sieve into ramekins or bowls of your choice.
- Cover the puddings’ surface with cling film to prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate for a few hours until cool.
- Add a dash of cinnamon and an even smaller dash of nutmeg just before serving the puddings.