Who doesn’t like chocolate pudding with and a hint of booze? These chocolate puddings take about 5 minutes to make and have a delicious almond liqueur aftertaste.
These puddings are super easy to prepare, plus you can make it a day in advance! I’m sure you have most of the ingredients in the pantry and in the fridge.
Impress your guests with these little treats or share with your husband on the couch after a long day.
Chocolate Amaretto Puddings
- 500ml Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Caster Sugar (you can leave this out for a very subtle sweet taste)
- 1 Teaspoon cocoa
- 60ml Amaretto Liqueur (almond liqueur)
- 80g Dark Chocolate (cut into smaller pieces)
- 50g Butter
- 5ml Vanilla Essence
- Oreo Cookies (optional)
- Toasted Almond Slivers (optional)
- Heat milk in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Mix the flour, caster sugar and cocoa in a medium-sized pot.
- Add the hot milk to the flour mixture and stir vigorously until there are no clumps.
- Add the Amaretto.
- Cook the milk mixture over medium heat until scalding temperature (almost boiling), then add the chocolate and butter.
- Let the pudding come to a boil. Boil for 20 - 30 seconds and then remove from the heat.
- Add the vanilla essence.
- Pour the pudding into ramekins or bowls of your choice.
- Cover the puddings’ surface with cling film to prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate for a few hours until cool.
- Add crushed Oreo cookies and toasted almonds just before serving.